Vimeo Video School
Video School Lessons are created by the Vimeo Staff to provide bite-sized information and great examples on lots of video-making topics. Here are some that will be helpful as we begin working with video during KINE 320. Some of the links require a Vimeo Plus or PRO membership.
- Vimeo Video School Homepage: “Learn how to make better videos through lessons, tutorials, and sage advice from us, your friendly personal creativity consultants.” Also includes Weekend Challenges.
- Video 101: Tips on choosing a camera, plus the basics of shooting and editing footage.
- Mastering Mobile Video: “That phone you’re always tapping and swiping? Yeah, it’s also a powerful video camera. In this Vimeo Video School series exclusive to Plus and PRO members, you’ll learn how to shoot better videos using only the technology in your pocket.
- iMovie: “Get that video footage off your phone or camera and into iMovie. If you own an Apple computer, the software is easy to download, and completely free. In this Vimeo Video School series exclusive to Plus and PRO members, we’ll show you how to import, edit, add effects to your videos, and more.“
- Windows Movie Maker: “If you’re a PC-owning person and you’ve shot some footage, it’s time to start editing. Microsoft’s Windows Movie Maker is free to download and easy to use. In this Vimeo Video School series exclusive to Plus and PRO members, we’ll illustrate the basic steps for importing, editing, and sharing your masterpieces with the world.“
Vertical Video Syndrome PSA