For your first footage challenge, you must record 30 seconds of video footage that you think fits the theme of “Welcome to Cal Poly.” The footage will be ‘B-roll‘ or stock footage. Here are some parameters:
- Your footage should be at least 30 seconds long and capture the scene of “Welcome to Cal Poly.”
- Your goal is to simply capture whatever is going on during those 30 seconds.
- No script, actors, or dialogue should be included.
- It is ok if your footage includes passersby talking; this is called ambient sound in filmmaking or background noise in everyday life.
- Your footage should be uninterrupted:
- Press record and let the camera roll.
- Don’t pause, stop, or cut the recording.
- Don’t edit your recording. Just let the camera record; we will use the raw footage later.
Submit your video file via PolyLearn. You may have to compress the footage to a .zip file; we will test this in lab.