Get your blog ready for sharing to a wider audience:
- Make sure you edit the About Me post from the beginning of the quarter. Make sure you are comfortable with everything in it.
- Change your URL if you want it to be more consistent with your message/slogan. Share the new URL with me.
Create your Twitter account, Facebook page and, if it is one of your channels, a YouTube account.
- Complete the profile
- Update a picture/logo
- Include your blog’s URL (make sure you update this if you change your blog URL, as specified above)
Begin Building a Community
- Follow 10 relevant accounts on Twitter. Engage them with mentions and tweets.
- Employ the strategies listed on 10 Great Ways To Improve Your Facebook Page’s Popularity to generate page likes. Do this organically; don’t just beg friends via your personal Facebook profile. Boo, lame.
- Post at least 3 Twitter and Facebook status updates before class on Tuesday. Respond to mentions, talk to followers, have conversations.