Files You Need For Lab
Make sure to enable advanced controls and fine tuning controls for the best editing experience.
- iMovie menu > Preferences > General panel > Show Advanced Tools
- iMovie menu > Preferences > Browser > Show Fine Tuning controls
Here are some good resources for iMovie 11:
- Creating a Digital Story with iMovie 11 from The College of New Jersey’s Instructional Technology Services. This is the tutorial we used in lab last week.
- iMovie Help: Get Started with iMovie (all versions) or iMovie Help (specific to the version installed on your computer) from Apple
- Support Videos for iMovie from Apple.com Support
The following resources link to Apple.com’s support pages, but curate and organize the links in different, useful ways:
- Tutorial: Video Editing in iMovie from Stanford Academic Computing Services. This page has screenshots of the iMovie interface with great descriptions of each component.
- Movie Editing Tips, Tricks, and Resources from St John’s University Libraries. This page has content organized by function as well as phases, such as “Before you start editing.”