You will create a Public Service Announcement (PSA) video about your Topic/Need, Message, and/or Slogan.
Your PSA should be between 50 seconds and 1 minute in length.
Your PSA will utilize the research you have conducted on your topic/need and recorded on your blog. You should answer the following questions:
- What is the problem or need you are addressing?
- How many people does it affect? Who are those people?
- What is the solution — or one solution — you are proposing? This is your chance to directly attempt to affect change in one or more of the KASA outcomes.
Also include the following:
- Statistics, with sources, using iMovie titles
- A voiceover narration of your project
- Background music that doesn’t distract (*if the lab computer’s allow you to import GarageBand stock music). Do not use copyrighted music.
- Graphics and Images that illustrate or support what the voiceover is saying. Only use images you have the right to use.
- Links to multiple resources providing more information, including your blog.
- A note at the end stating that the video was created as a course requirement for KINE 320 at Cal Poly. This can be spoken or displayed using iMovie titles.
Your video should be published on YouTube or Vimeo, following the instructions shared during lab. Be sure to:
- Give your video a title. The title should be your message or, even better, your slogan. “Don’t Hate; Participate”
- Provide a description. The description should briefly provide an overview of the topic/need as well as tell who would benefit from watching the video. “A negative, critical culture at a summer camp can be detrimental to programs because staff members feel judged and less comfortable contributing the special talents that make them special. This video has strategies camps can employ to promote a positive, participatory culture, and should be watched by camp directors, leaders, and counselors, whether this is your first or 20th summer working at a camp.”
- Add tags: KINE320, [your topic], and any other pertinent tags.
- Publish/Upload the video to YouTube or Vimeo
After you have published the video, you should embed it on your blog. This is your blog post for this week. It is due by
noon on Tuesday, November 11 noon 5pm on Tuesday, November 18 (Edited on 11/5/14 in response to extended lecture, then again on 11/13/14).
You can also use this video as part of your Shark Tank presentation on Wednesday, November 12.
Export Your Own Copy
Export a Quicktime version for your own records/keeping, in case there are any problems publishing the YouTube/Vimeo version. To do this, go to Share > Export using QuickTime, like you did last week with your 5×5 Digital Story.